Tuesday, April 19, 2016

What causes dizziness and double vision after suffering from viral meningitis?

Hi,

I am Dr.Bruno.  I have read your question and understand your concerns. Let me try to help you

Question : What causes dizziness and double vision after suffering from viral meningitis?
Answer : Meningitis Causes Scarring (damage) of Sub arachnoid spaces. It is through these spaces blood vessels that carry blood to your brain stem travel

Assume the Blood vessels as flexible pipes (or hoses) that carry water.
What will happen if some stones are thrown over them. They will compress the flexible pipes. Isn' tit

Same way
Due to Meningitis, the areas around the blood vessels (Sub Arachnoid Spaces) are damaged. Hence they interfere with Blood Circulation to your brain stem

This causes dizziness and Double Vision

Some Times,
The Nerves can also be directly involved by the scarring
(That is electric lines running along the pipes)

Most of these cases will heal completely

Anyhow, I would advise you to do another MRI after 4 weeks and compare both

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment